Marketing is just one of the many responsibilities that the average small business owner juggles every day. InfusionSoft’s 2017 Small Business Marketing Trends report found that almost half (49 percent) of small business owners reported handling the marketing for their business. What’s more, in 2018, most small businesses reported that their greatest challenge was finding the time and resources to handle marketing.
The library has a variety of free resources that can help small business owners with major sales and marketing tasks. Databases such as Reference USA, Mergent Intellect, and Demographics Now can be accessed in the library, as well as from home with your Naperville library card number and PIN. You can use them to:
- Identify potential competitors in a sales territory
- Generate a list of prospective customers
- Research demographic data for a market territory
- Research market share by industry
- Find trade show and trade association information
- Create sales call scripts for prospects in a selected industry
- Conduct competitive analysis
To learn more about these resources and others, check out this month’s NaperLaunch Marketing Series morning meetup on Marketing Using Library Resources, presented by Business Librarian Kent Palmer. (This two-part series will also be offered as an evening workshop in September.)
Can’t make it to the meetup? You can always make an appointment with a Business Services Team member for a one-on-one introduction to selected library resources.