- The 28 million small businesses in America account for 54% of all U.S. sales.
- Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs and 66% of all net new jobs since the 1970s.
- The 600,000 plus franchised small businesses in the U.S. account for 40% of all retail sales and provide jobs for some 8 million people.
- The number of small businesses in the United States has increased 49% since 1982.
- Since 1990, as big business eliminated 4 million jobs, small businesses created 8 million new jobs.
New entrepreneurs thinking about the possibility of starting up should consider taking advantage of the many workshops, learning opportunities and resources available at NaperLaunch. NaperLaunch is a business startup center and coworking space at the Nichols Library in downtown Naperville. Find out more about NaperLaunch programs.