Held each May, Small Business Week is a series of workshops geared toward the small business owner. The week will be capped off with the Small Business Showcase and the Business Plan and Pitch Competition.
Business Plan and Pitch Competition
- Plan and Pitch competitor must be a NaperLaunch member
- Competitor must live in DuPage, Will, Kane or Kendall County
- Competitor's business must be in DuPage, Will, Kane or Kendall Counties
- Competitor's business must have ideas or business models in the start-up phase and have earned less than $10,000 in revenue
- March 15, 2018 - deadline for submittal of the application to make a pitch
- Member - LOGIN to apply as a competitor.
- Not a member? Register now.
Requirements for Accepted Competitors
- Meet with Naperville Public Library Business Services Team staff to learn about library business planning resources
- The pitch must be accompanied by a written business plan (We recommend using Gale Small Business Builder to create the business plan)
- Upload your plan in PDF format to the NaperLaunch Business Plan and Pitch Competition site
- April 1, 2018 - deadline for submittal of the pitch and the business plan
Selection of Finalists
- Business Plan and Pitch submissions and will be reviewed and 8 semi-finalists will be invited to present a pitch to judges during April.
- Three finalists will be invited to pitch their plan in front of a panel of judges on Saturday, May 5, during the last day of this year’s Small Business Week. The finals will begin at 11:00 a.m. and last until 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 - the pitch competition begins at 11:00 a.m. and lasts until 12:30 p.m.