Small Business Week
The 7th Annual NaperLaunch Small Business Week will be May 6-11, 2019.
Held each May, Small Business Week is a series of educational workshops intended for a small business owner or manager. The week will conclude with the NaperLaunch Small Business Showcase and the finals of the 2nd Annual Business Plan and Pitch Competition.
Business Plan and Pitch Competition
- Plan and Pitch competitor must be a NaperLaunch member
- Competitor must live in DuPage, Will, Kane or Kendall County
- Competitor's business must be in DuPage, Will, Kane or Kendall Counties
- Competitor's business must have ideas or business models in the start-up phase and have earned less than $10,000 in revenue
- March 15, 2019 - deadline for submittal of the application to make a pitch
- Member - LOGIN to apply as a competitor.
- Not a member? Register now to join NaperLaunch.
Requirements for Accepted Competitors
- Meet with Naperville Public Library Business Services Team staff to learn about library business planning resources
- The pitch must be accompanied by a written business plan (We recommend using Gale Small Business Builder to create the business plan)
- Accepted applicants will be notified via email how to submit the completed business plan.
- April 1, 2019 - deadline for submittal of the pitch and the business plan
Selection of Finalists
- Business Plan and Pitch submissions and will be reviewed and 8 semi-finalists will be invited to present a pitch to judges during April.
- Three finalists will be invited to pitch their plan in front of a panel of judges on Saturday, May 11, during the last day of this year’s Small Business Week. The finals will begin at 11:00 a.m. and last until 12:30 p.m. (If an interested competitor is unable to pitch on May 11, please do not enter the competition.)
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 - the pitch competition begins at 11:00 a.m. and lasts until 12:30 p.m. Winners will be announced and awarded the prize at the conclusion of the competition.
Small Business Showcase
NaperLaunch Members may exhibit information about their business during the showcase.
- Exhibitors may offer a take-away gift for visitors at their exhibit as well as informational handouts.
- Exhibitors will be given a 1 hour set up time, from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and exhibitors will not remove materials until 1:00 p.m.
- Member - LOGIN to apply as a showcase exhibitor.
- Not a member? Register now.
- The general public and participants in the pitch competition will have opportunities to walk through the showcase and meet exhibitors.
- We encourage visitors to arrive around 10:00 a.m. to view the showcase.